Rüdiger Voigt | last update: 2019-04-03
Nearly all researchers working in the field of security studies mention terrorism at some point. Aside a few institutions are dedicated to the research on terrorism:
- Handa Centre for the Study of Terrorism and Political Violence (CSTPV)
Since 1994 at the University of St. Andrews.
- Combating Terrorism Center (CTC)
At West Point / publishes the CTC Sentinel (a monthly journal)
- International Institute for Counter-Terrorism (ICT)
an Israeli Thinktank / founded 1996
- APSA Task Force on Political Violence and Terrorism
- The Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism (MIPT) was founded as a reaction to the attack on the Federal Builing in Oklahama City. It closed 2014.
- International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation and Political Violence (ICSR)
located at King's College in London and partners with several other academic institutions.
There are some scientific journals specialized on the analysis of terrorism.
Overview / Introductions
- Bruce Hoffman (2006): Inside Terrorism. (New York: Columbia University Press)
- Alex Schmid (Ed.) (2011): The Routledge Handbook of Terrorism Research
- Louise Richardson (2006): What Terrorists Want. Understanding the Enemy, Containing the Threat. (Random House)
- Robert A. Pape & James K. Feldman (2010): Cutting the Fuse. The Explosion of Global Suicide Terrorism and How to Stop it.
- Andrew H. Kydd & Barbara F. Walter (2006) "The Strategies of Terrorism" in: International Security 31:1, pp. 49–80
in german language
- Peter Waldmann (2005, 2. Auflage): Terrorismus. Provokation der Macht
- Guido Steinberg (2005): Der nahe und der ferne Feind. Die Netzwerke des islamistischen Terrorismus.