Rüdiger Voigt | last update: 2018-07-24
Nearly all researchers working in the field of security studies mention terrorism at some point. Aside a few institutions are dedicated to the research on terrorism:
- Handa Centre for the Study of Terrorism and Political Violence (CSTPV)
Since 1994 at the University of St. Andrews.
- Combating Terrorism Center (CTC)
At West Point / publishes the CTC Sentinel (a monthly journal)
- International Institute for Counter-Terrorism (ICT)
an Israeli Thinktank / founded 1996
- APSA Task Force on Political Violence and Terrorism
- The Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism (MIPT) was founded as a reaction to the attack on the Federal Builing in Oklahama City. It closed 2014.
- International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation and Political Violence (ICSR)
located at King's College in London and partners with several other academic institutions.
Overview / Introductions
- Bruce Hoffman (2006): Inside Terrorism. (New York: Columbia University Press)
- Alex Schmid (Ed.) (2011): The Routledge Handbook of Terrorism Research
- Louise Richardson (2006): What Terrorists Want. Understanding the Enemy, Containing the Threat. (Random House)
- Robert A. Pape & James K. Feldman (2010): Cutting the Fuse. The Explosion of Global Suicide Terrorism and How to Stop it.
- Andrew H. Kydd & Barbara F. Walter (2006) "The Strategies of Terrorism" in: International Security 31:1, pp. 49–80
in german language
- Peter Waldmann (2005, 2. Auflage): Terrorismus. Provokation der Macht
- Guido Steinberg (2005): Der nahe und der ferne Feind. Die Netzwerke des islamistischen Terrorismus.