Rüdiger Voigt, M.A., is a political scientist and worked in IT as a programmer, database developer and course instructor.
He is a doctoral student at the University of Cologne (Germany). His main research interests are machine learning, data science, comparative politics, and international relations.
Security Studies mean more than Defense Studies. It is not only about military conflict. It is about preventing war, state building, covering basic human needs like water and food, climate change, energy, resources and much more.
- Datenbanken und SQL
A compact course on "databases and SQL" held in German language for the Regional Computing Center (RRZK) at the University of Cologne since 2016.
- Einführung in den wissenschaftlichen Textsatz mit LaTeX
Introductory course to the LaTeX typesetting system held in German language for the Regional Computing Center (RRZK) at the University of Cologne.
I released some software I wrote as Open Source:
- A Python framework to build polite, but tenacious crawlers / scrapers with a MariaDB backend.
- Smart, Asynchronous Link Tester with Database backend: works with HTML, Markdown and TeX files.
- A Python library to check user input for validity and / or plausibility
- A Python library that checks whether the running version is compatible and tested. Remind the user to check for updates.
- A Python library to aggregate files and data.
- A Python library to send email. Enforces encryption if not sending via localhost.