Databases recommended reading list
- Bill Karwin (2010) "SQL Antipatterns. Avoiding the Pitfalls of Database Programming."
- Ramez Elmasri & Navathe, Shamkant B. (2011) “Database Systems. Models, Languages, Design, and Application
Programming”, 6. Auflage
With more than 1,000 pages this book also covers some adjoining and advanced topics distributed databases or information retrieval.
- Sveta Smirnova (2012) “MySQL Troubleshooting. What to Do When Queries Don’t Work”
- Eric Redmond and jim R. Wilson "Seven Databases in Seven Weeks. A Guide to Modern Databases and the NoSQL Movement."
In German language:
- A. Kemper / A. Eickler (1999 / 3. Auflage) “Datenbanksysteme. Eine Einführung”